Wednesday, January 16, 2013

First Class Reflection

The first Educational Psychology class went really well for me. I was expecting the class to be modeled like my Educational Psychology class that I took my Junior year, but I was very relieved and surprised about the class. I am extremely excited to be in class with people in various majors other than elementary education such as interpreting. This will add to discussion and help me understand more about the interpreting field.
As far as the actual classes are concerned, I am very excited about the material that will be covered. When we had to sign the sheet saying what classes in particular we are interested in, I was really excited about some of the topics. In particular, I love Erikson's Stage Theories. I had a class that used that theory very well in describing how it should be related to elementary school and other grade levels. I will be interested to see what Educational Psychology has to say about it, too.
Personally, I will like to leave this class with a better grasp on how my psychology background can help in the education realm. I have already seen some ways that it helps to have psychology background but I am very excited to further my scope of how it could help.

No comments:

Post a Comment